New favorite for sure! How did I miss this one!? THNX G!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

These Are A few of my Favorite Things :) (In no particular order...this is a start -request from a friend) What are yours?

1) Trees, (especially really big “regular” trees...the ones left to grow out in the middle of a field that are never trimmed...they just grow like they are supposed to :) and they are huge!)
2) Sunlight (I love the sunshine and being out in it or seeing the beams of sunlight through the trees)
3) Art(I love all kinds of art..painting, and drawing, and sculpture, and anything creative)
4) My baby girl :) (I love her...even as a teen now...I still love her...shes my favorite )

5) music( I like all kinds of music...but mostly 80's rock and new wave 80's too)
6) antique stores( they are like museums to me but you can touch stuff :) I can spend hours in antique stores and love to find little treasures that mean nothing to anybody else but me)
7) Road trips( when I had a car that ran well I was gone every chance I got...been without a reliable car now for several years and it is at the top of my list to get a better running car and hit the road...I CANT wait to travel again)
8) Watching someone open the perfect gift you got for them (you know the twinkle they have in their eye...and that smile that shows all their teeth...those are the best smiles)
9) Lots and lots and lots of  pillows (I love my pillows...lots of them...you can never have too many pillows)
10) heavy quilts (the heavier the better...the more worn the better..love heavy blankets...or blankies as I still call them...ya, I have lots of blankies)
11) laying on the grass watching clouds (clouds fascinate me and when you can lay in the grass and look at the sky and see scooby doo or a turtle-and if you have someone with you it is fun to convince them that their train is really a flower LOL)
12) laying in the back of the truck looking at stars (You have to be far enough out of town for this..or the lights from the streets and buildings ruin it...but like camping...or sometimes we would go up near bogus basin and lay in the back of the truck to watch for shooting stars...and you know when it seems like there is so many you could just reach out and touch them? There is nothing like getting away from town to count shooting stars)
13) home made chicken soup (when I was sick grandma made the best chicken soup...it cured anything and everything...I miss grandmas soup...the canned soup is alright...but it just isn't grandmas)
14) warm sand, beaches, waves, shells, and beach glass (love warm sand and collecting shells and glass...and finding little creatures like star fish and crabs :) but the best part is sunsets and sunrises...or beach bon fires)
15) Warm big bear hugs(nuff said ;)
16) Movie nights or TV nights :) (The rare opportunity I have to sit down and enjoy tv or movies is...well...rare ;) but sometimes it helps me to unwind and get ready for bed)
17) Cold sheets (with plenty of heavy quilts of course)
18) Knowing you get to sleep in the next day (I love the days I get to sleep in...I don't normally sleep in because my body is on a clock that wants to wake up early lol...but just knowing I don't have to run out the door...I can stay in bed and watch the morning news or a movie if I want)
19) Wood burning stoves ( I love to watch the fire burning on the logs and the coals..and the smell that gets on your clothes is amazing :) reminds me of when I was a kid and we didn't have any heat except for the wood stove...after we moved into the new house we had vents with heat on the floor in each room and I would sit on the vents with a blanket to hold the heat in when I was really cold...which was often :) and when the room started getting cold my mom or dad would tell me to stop blocking the heat...so I would move to the next room hehe )
20) putting on clothes or blankets straight from the dryer( there is nothing like it...When I am sick I have my daughter re-heat my blankets through-out the day...and on a cold morning it feels so good to throw your robe or sweatshirt in  the dryer before you put it on)
21) Fresh, crisp apples (right off the tree in the fall is the best)
22) secret gardens (someday I will make my very own secret garden...but until then I enjoy others gardens...and the overgrown ones with the weeping willows are my favorite...with lots and lots of ivy :) and if there is a hidden gate...well, that's the perfect garden )
23) weeping willow trees (willows remind me of grandmas and grandpas...old wise trees)
24) gain laundry soap(if you haven't smelled it..it really is the best)
25) Thunderstorms at night(the ones that rumble through and you can feel them shake the walls. The lightning lights up the entire sky..especially storms at caumsett state park in NY...those were the best..we would sit in the hay loft and watch them but the lightning is so different there...more blue and longer...beautiful stuff)
26) Witty sarcasm (timing is everything :) but I love witty people who dont have to work too hard at it...the ones who can do it naturally)
27) antiques ( I like the old furniture better than new furniture..I like the history behind it..the stories...the initials carved into it...or the gum stuck to the bottom of it...its a moment in time)
28) Musicals(the sound of music is one of my favorites, but I like many others...and also opera)
29) honest sincere friends (love friends who are friends who sincerely like you and not just because they want something or need something...and not just in the good times...the bad times too-the give and take)
30) smell of a forest..(pine trees in the rain...I used to have a spray that smelled just like pine trees...but they stopped making it...and I still am searching for a spray to replace it :)
31) Norman Rockwell (simple times *sigh*)
32) Root beer floats(yum)
33) blue eyes (hehehe)
32) old fashioned hard candy
33) Prince Edward Island (someday I will make it there..someday)
34) coo-coo clocks (The little bird or little people walking out to ring the bell...I like watching them and am never patient enough to wait until the right time...I move the minute manually...maybe thats why mine is broken?)
35) Sheet music (not to read, just the way it looks) 
36) Acting silly(silly makes for laughing...and I love to laugh)
37) you :)
38) afghans (I like making them and using them )
39) Christmas lights (sleeping under a Christmas tree waiting for Santa...hope he comes this year ;) I think I have been good)
40) Green( many shades of green)
41) Daisies
42) Wild flowers(fields of wild flowers are the best)
43) 80's rock
44) Bed of Roses (one of my fave movies)
45) Rain storms in a quiet house my favorite book and a heavy worn quilt
46) Giraffes
47) laughing
48) My daddy
49) seeing the people I love "happy"
50) oversize sweatshirts with the cuffs worn out
51) the smell of my dads Cologne(I have a bottle of it and sometimes spray my pillow or oversize sweatshirt when I miss him and it is like a daddy hug...even when he is not here..silly I know but whatever gets us through right? ;) also like the smell of wood...he was a carpenter and clothes smelled like wood)
52) The temple (the  most peaceful place in a loud world)
53) car washes (the old fashion kind with the huge...HUGE blue mop that washes your car :) and the bubbles..and hot wax :) best date in the world)
54) rain puddles...(driving through really big rain puddles :) I love doin that!)
I think this is a good start :) will add more later...

2 comments:

ali bye said...

star wars'Not being married'dancing'singing'friends'my grandma'orangees'artsy folks'hand sanitizer'music in the punk'my purple and green comforter'Benny ;)'Prince'my scary movies'pumpkins'fall'dark chocolate'crazy days and wasted nights'crying'laughing'loving'real people'telephone booths'France'bugs'snakes'tiny dogs'pink shoes'black'concerts'my room'my kid'my journey'trees'you and Ricki;)'mucca lol'scrapbooking'painting my living room'changing the color of my living room'three stooges'strawberry icecream'hazel nut'frogs-now lets do our bucket list ;)

Sherbear said...

I havnt gotten to 100 yet :) I have lots of silly things I like...oh I just thought of some more :)

Smile

foreigner

Thanks G :) I am stealing this one too :)

CW

dream on

sting

sc

superchicks

Marry me-train

katy perry

LOVE LOVE LOVE This one!!! BEAUTIFUL SONG!

love bites

wish

Fireworks! Love this song!

owl city

kiss fist

Amen :)

Fathers Love Letter

eminem

AR

Long long way to go DL

Everything

Phil..true colors

Wrong...In all the right ways ;)

Def Leppard :) Foolin

Hojo

Don't Stop Believing

YOU make me smile :) Love YOU!

REO