This next video I did is my video that was included in an art show for first thursday down town boise at 8th street market place.This video was inspired by Bruce Nauman's "The True Artist Helps the World by Revealing Mystic Truths" , Nam June Paik's "Electronic Superhighway", Nito Acconci's "Theme song" , the inspiring words of I. King Jordan " The only thing deaf cant do is hear" and Mike Smith's "I am me, I am OK". Growing up with a disability I never really knew who I was or where I fit in. The term "broken" was often used to describe those I knew who were not "normal" , including myself. It sadly is still true today that differences are viewed as "broken". I am sharing small pieces of my life with the veiwer without words. I want the viewers to see that I am me, and I am OK.
New favorite for sure! How did I miss this one!? THNX G!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
This next video I did is my video that was included in an art show for first thursday down town boise at 8th street market place.This video was inspired by Bruce Nauman's "The True Artist Helps the World by Revealing Mystic Truths" , Nam June Paik's "Electronic Superhighway", Nito Acconci's "Theme song" , the inspiring words of I. King Jordan " The only thing deaf cant do is hear" and Mike Smith's "I am me, I am OK". Growing up with a disability I never really knew who I was or where I fit in. The term "broken" was often used to describe those I knew who were not "normal" , including myself. It sadly is still true today that differences are viewed as "broken". I am sharing small pieces of my life with the veiwer without words. I want the viewers to see that I am me, and I am OK.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
like the lettering on the hands... that was cool.
Post a Comment