
This was a cereal that was in many homes back in the 70's. Yes it was called "Grins&Smiles&Giggles&Laughs"
A few of you remember this breakfast cereal...and if your house was anything like my house we had 6 kids fighting over one silly little toy.
There were no smiles at breakfast time at my house. Usually spills and tears and bloody noses instead. That one toy no matter how stupid cheap and worthless it was was worth losing tv time, or outside time.
I woke up early just to beat my brothers and sisters to the box...and after some shoving and pushing I would grin from ear to ear as I sat at the window watching everyone else playing outside.
It didnt even matter if it was just a magnet that didnt even have enough strength to stay on the fridge...that toy was free and it was mine!
I imagine moms all over the US complained enough -tired of all the breakfast tears- and someone finally pulled the cereal from shelves...or maybe it was all the sugar it had in it. ;0) but oh the memories...
No comments:
Post a Comment